Introduce yourselves!

So... what's up with you?
Noah Spersions
My Pronouns Are: he/him

Re: Introduce yourselves!

Unread post by Noah Spersions » January 14th, 2019, 5:46 am

Hey everyone. I'm an apostate with 50 years experience. [In case anyone's hiring heathens]
I'm not on FaceBook. Barely on Twitter.
I'll answer to Noah here, or just No as that's my favorite answer to theists. I'm into movies, literature, politics, art, and short walks to the loo.
I imagine other stuff about me will leak out the longer I'm on here.

“Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.“

--Dr Seuss

Rick
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Rick » January 14th, 2019, 6:21 am

Sorry to hear that you're leaking. I'm glad it's just a short walk to the loo!

Welcome about, Noah. I love your username! You say you've 50 years experience as an apostate -- were you Christian before? What flavor, if so?

Oh, and thumbs up for a seussian signature; I see you are a man of fine tastes!

I ran a multiple-thousands of users Christian message board. My how things change.
Hit me up if you're interested in a moderator position or more, if you have a group or forum idea, or anything else to better our world here!

Noah Spersions

Unread post by Noah Spersions » January 14th, 2019, 9:36 am

Thanks Rick.
Yes, I'm an ex-seminarian. Baptist. Straight as a gun barrel and twice as empty as the Charismatics say.
My username is a happy accident. I'm the worst at thinking of clever little things to make me swavey and deboner.

--Dr Seuss

Rick
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Rick » January 14th, 2019, 3:49 pm

Pleasure to meet you! I too am ex-Baptist, but I was Presbyterian between it leaving the faith altogether.

I also have a seminary associates degree and briefly wanted to be a preacher!

I ran a multiple-thousands of users Christian message board. My how things change.
Hit me up if you're interested in a moderator position or more, if you have a group or forum idea, or anything else to better our world here!

Noah Spersions

Unread post by Noah Spersions » January 14th, 2019, 4:57 pm

Likewise!
I had 4 years at seminary, left it in 70 for 2 tours in Nam, my first atheist in a foxhole experience. It was only later I found out there supposedly wasn't atheists in foxholes from people who "know" god. I've since discovered those who "know" god don't know near as much as they think they do.

--Dr Seuss

Rick
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Rick » January 14th, 2019, 8:29 pm

My mom's SO is a Vietnam vet. What branch did you serve in?

And I have a hunch that your seminary training was from a real seminary? I was excited about mine at the time -- it was affordable! -- but in hindsight, I really didn't learn much from that unaccredited correspondence school... :lol:

Noah Spersions

Unread post by Noah Spersions » January 14th, 2019, 9:46 pm

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 😜
Yes, It was a real seminary. I won't mention their name as they haven't got over the shame yet of having me as a student. Lol!

--Dr Seuss

Rick
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Rick » January 17th, 2019, 8:07 am

Yeah, I'm fairly certain if my seminary ever checked up on me, they said in their guidelines that they would revoke/discredit degrees for anyone who gave up the King James Onlyist brand of Baptist theology which they taught.

I gave that stuff up years before I gave Christianity in general up.

So I have a Schrödinger's degree; it either exists or it doesn't, but until they observe me, I'll never know.